Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, January 13, 2011

WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!

Yesterday I had my 20 week ultrasound. Things have come a long way since my last ultrasound almost 4 years ago. Instead of a small little monitor near the ultrasound computer, there was a 42" inch flat screen TV mounted up on the wall in plain view for everyone to see. That was very helpful since there was Jason, Silas, Taska (my SIL), and her two kids Zailee and Hatcher in the room to watch as well. With this pregnancy I went ahead and had my blood drawn at 17 weeks to check for major genetic abnormalities. It was confirmed last week that the baby was healthy, so there wasn't the same worry or concern with this ultrasound as there were with my first two since I already knew that everything was okay. It was fun to sit back, relax and be in complete awe that I was watching this miracle of life moving around inside me. A few minutes into the ultrasound the tech got a very good picture of two little buttocks and asked if we wanted to know the gender. Here's the pic:

It was exciting to find out it's a girl, just because she's the first. What will she look like? What will her spirit and personality be? It's not that I wanted a girl more than a boy, because I know deep in my heart that I have nothing to do with what I'm given, these babies come as they are from Heavenly Father.
She's very active and we got several good views of her from the side (she has Silas' nose and profile). She did have her hands in her face quite a bit and it looked like she was sucking her fingers at one point. She did face us once, but only for a few seconds and unfortunately we never got a picture.
She is already such a special little spirit, and I'm so glad to be able to name her after my sister Kresta. I'm trying to decide on her middle name. Either Yvonne, which is the middle name of Jason's mother Brenda or Raelee. Raelee is in honor of two very dear friends and sisters I grew up with, Jaime Rae and Joanna Lee. I posted a couple short videos of her moving. The second one had Silas laughing pretty hard. He said, "She's hittin you mom, see her, she's puching."
When Logan returned home from school I told him that I had the ultrasound earlier to see if the baby was a little boy or a girl. He was very anxious, he was smiling and wringing his fingers. I said, "What do you think we are having?" He shrugged his shoulders then he asked, "Well, mom is it a brother or a sister?" When I told him it was a sister he said "Yes!" then he turned to his cousin Zailee and he said, "Did you hear that Zailee, it's a girl, I'm going to have a little sister!" This morning Silas crawled into my lap and put his arms around me and said, "I can't wait to see baby Kwesta, and to hode hoe!" There is no doubt that they already love her, and that they will be wonderful big brothers!

No comments: