Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, January 10, 2011

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS.................

Silas says to me, "Mom, can we go to Cohens house to play, PEAS!! I pwomise not to hit him."

We were at Costco and there was a truck inside with a license plate that said, "2SAV". Logan comes up to me and says, "Mom, Costco doesn't know how to spell save. They left the E off." LOL

I was cleaning up the table after breakfast one morning and Silas comes up to me and very seriously says, "Mom, yew know I luff everyone. I luff Jesus and I luff you!"...melt my heart!

We were reading family scriptures about the tower of Babel and asked the boys if we really could build stairs that went all the way to heaven. Logan looked at us like we were really dumb and he said, "No, cuz as they climbed up higher they would freeze like this...." then he froze his body and acted like it shattered. Where does he get this stuff!

After tucking Silas into bed one night, he says to me as I'm turning off his light, "Mom, there's nothing to be afraid of, huh?" I said, "That's right honey, and why is that?" I expected him to say something like, mommy and daddy love me or there are no such things as monsters. Instead he says, "Cuz my mommy has a gun!" Crack me up! He's right, I sleep with a loaded 9mm and 12ga within arms reach. It's comforting to know that my children trust me to keep them safe.

No comments: