Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NORTH AND SOUTH...........


Hello, I'm Amy and I'm a closet romantic. There, I've said it! Not many know this about me, but it's true. I admit that in my youth (and maybe just last week) I day-dreamed about a tall, dark and mysterious man to ride up on his horse and sweep me off my feet (Willoughby...Sense and Sensibility). All of this of course, pre-marriage, before kids.....and loads of dishes, bills, poopy diapers and piles of laundry. A Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights, Ralph Fiennes), or Edward Rochester (Jane Eyre, Toby Stephens) or Mark Darcy (Pride & Prejudice, Colin Firth). Okay, back to reality....I already have a great man! I'm lucky and I know it. He's amazing, and helpful and sweet and sexy and he loves me without make-up, 30 lbs overweight, even though I sometimes don't have dinner when he gets home and in spite of the fact that I can be a complete clutz......now that's what I call true love (but a girl can still dream!) So I officially have a new candidate for my list: John Thornton of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. Wow! This BBC miniseries gives Pride and Prejudice a run for it's money. In fact, it trumps it for now as my favorite. If you have not seen it, you must watch it. You must I tell you! Today, as soon as possible. Rent it from your local Library, or through netflix.com. It's amazing.

1 comment:

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! Heather brought here for me to see on one of her visits and I have loved it ever since. It is such a great story and I could watch it over and over!