Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'M ON THE HUNT FOR A COSTCO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN CLONE.....

Every single time we go to Costco, my boys beg and beg and beg and BEG me to buy them chocolate muffins. And who could blame them, their kids and their minds revolve around sugar and treats and things that taste good; and those HUGE, pillowy soft mounds of chocolate overkill are definitely eye popping. I mean they drool for heaven's sake! I don't necessarily balk at the fact that the muffins are now $6.50 for a dozen, it's the fact that I HAVE to buy 12. If they would sell them in packages of 4 or 6 I'd buy them. But let's face it, I'm glad they don't or I'd buy them EVERY time I went and the scale would scream at me. Needless to say, Logan is ALWAYS disappointed when our shopping trip is over because I didn't cave and buy a weeks worth of sugar in one muffin. So today I decided to surprise him and make some chocolate chip muffins from scratch. I found a copycat recipe online that SWORE they were just as good. It's a very easy recipe and they are super moist and extremely delicious and although very close, not quite right. They turned out a little flat on top and I'm thinking the recipe was too heavy. So the recipe I used is below. Does anyone have a good one they'd like to share?

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 TB oil
1 egg
1 1/4 c milk
2 c flour
1/2 c mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c milk chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients in order until there are no lumps. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-5 min. until done.
Serve with ice cold milk, and sit back enjoy the smiles!

No comments: