Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Saturday, February 19, 2011

LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

I am amazed at Logan's ability to follow directions, precise directions! It takes an incredible amount of patience to build creative scenes with Legos, especially when they have hundreds of small, intricate pieces. Logan loves it, he thrives on it. He's always creating something new. A few years ago I bought an underwater Lego set at a garage sale. It was marked for ages 11+, and although Logan was only 4 at the time it was worth storing it because it was new in the box and only $5, (normally $50+) so I bought it for a rainy day. A couple weeks ago I was cleaning out the garage and found it so I moved it into Logan's closet for safe keeping. Last Saturday afternoon Logan disappeared into his room to play with his Legos. An hour later, after a little too much silence I went to check on him and found that he had opened the underwater Lego set and had begun putting it together all by himself. He was already 1/3 of the way done and I was truly impressed! Such minute detail in the directions, that if you missed one step or made one mistake, you would have to backtrack and start over. He decided that he had worked on it enough for the day, so we put it away where Silas couldn't reach it. I honestly didn't think he would finish it. It was such a burdensome project and I figured he would burn out and lose interest. The next day after Church, Logan disappeared into his room again to finish his project. I was sure I would eventually hear a tantrum, or a complaint, or begging for me to finish it for him....but nothing. A couple hours later Silas came downstairs, "Mom, Logan needs you. Peas come upstaaws." Here it is I thought, he wants me to help him finish. To my surprise, Logan had completed it, ALL BY HIMSELF! I told him how amazing he was, and how proud I was of him. Check out the pictures:

I think we have an engineer in the making!

No comments: