Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, February 17, 2011

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS..............

Silas asked me to get the superheroes bin down so he could play with them. I told him I'd be happy to when he cleaned up the others toys he had scattered all over the playroom. His reply, "Dats easy peasy lemon squeezy mom!" Oh....too funny. Where did he hear that one.

My nephew Carter was in town visiting us this week and one morning Silas says to him, "Cawdo, did you know dat Jesus gave me to my mommy. I came from heaven and did you know dat weo speso!" (we're special) That's super sweet to my ears.

Logan and Si were talking a bath one night and I overheard this small conversation:
Logan, "Hey, this water drum toy says "Mommy and Me" on it."
Silas, "Mommy and you?"
Logan, "Not mommy and me, me, but "Mommy and Me."
Silas, "Mommy and you but not me too?."
Logan, now laughing, "No Si. It says "Mommy and Me" not Mommy and Logan cuz that the name of it, that's why."
Silas, "But why not me too Logan?" in a little sad voice.
Logan, "Okay, it says Mommy and me and you too buddy."
I loved that Logan understood that Silas couldn't understand what he was trying to say, and that he wanted to make him feel better anyway. What a sweet little man I have.

No comments: