Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, February 7, 2011

100 DAYS OF SCHOOL!

Last week I went shopping with my SIL-S Andi to help with some ideas for her son Cadens 100 days of school project. He had to take 100 of the same items and make a design on a poster board. I remember telling her, "I'm so glad we don't have to worry about that. All Logan has to take to school is 100 small edible items to share with his class." I didn't knock on wood. When I picked up Logan from school today there was a note in his backpack from his teacher saying that somehow she overlooked that the Elementary school had a 100 days of school celebration and that every student had to complete a project to share with all the classes. Not only are they hanging them in the hallway near their classroom, but they are going on a room to room field trip to display them! She apologized of course, but that didn't help or make up for her mistake (new teacher, has me very worried to say the least!). It had to be 100 items exactly but they didn't have to be the same item and they were going to be graded and judged on how "unique and creative" the project is. Seriously! Not only did I have zero notice to be "unique and creative", but what 6 year old is entirely unique and creative on their own? Logan may have cut out and glued, and counted and put it all together, but I had to come up with the idea. He wanted to do something with Pirates, and no matter hard I tried I just couldn't figure out how to make a pirate ship in the short amount of time I had, so in the end we went with a sunken treasure/under the sea theme.
I'd say it's not so bad for a project that went from 0 to completion in 2 hours with 2 hours notice!

Thank you Microsoft World clipart for saving the day! Logan specifically wanted a hammerhead, a seahorse and a starfish. It's a little hard to see everything because of the flash. We used a ziploc bag and filled it with everything. Here's the count: 1-ziploc bag, 1-treasure chest, 15- Reese's Pieces as gold coins, 3- star fish, 1-hammerhead shark, 1-seahorse, 2 seaweed, 1-lego skeleton (Logan's brilliant idea) and 75 fruit snacks as the ocean floor. We folded the poster board in half and cut out a window, then stapled the bag to the backside of the poster board and glued it together. Big sigh, it's done. I'm so glad it worked out....and might I add that I've been a single parent again for the past couple days because Jason is working in San Diego this week. I deserve some chocolate, lots of it!

1 comment:

Handi Andi said...

Ha Ha Ha! You thought you had escaped. We were even talking about how Logan had never had a big project! Yours turned out cool. You guys are so creative. The little terd man as ugly as he was got a 100% so I guess alls well that ends well. I hate class projects!