Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, December 16, 2010

MY FAVOITE CHRISTMAS THINGS...........

My Eclectic Christmas Tree!

I have hundreds of ornaments. Some belonged to my mother, my grandma and my great-grandma. Some I made as little girl and some I have gathered over the years. I am quite traditional when it comes to my Christmas tree. Each ornament has something to do with Christmas, or family. I love unwrapping each ornament each year and decorating the tree. It's one of my favorite things!

Making a Gingerbread House!
I look forward to making a gingerbread house each year with the kids. We always buy different versions, and I'm thinking that next year I might try and make it from scratch, MIGHT. Of course half the candies were eaten before they even made onto the house, but the kids had fun. For some reason this year we had a hard time getting the sides to stay together. This is a prime example of why it's nice to be married to a Mechanical Engineer. My hubby drilled small holes into each side and the roof, and inserted toothpicks to hold it together. Ingenious!

Fernwood Chocolate sandwiches...........
They are a UT special! Made in the great city of Salt Lake. The BEST combo of creamy milk chocolate and smooth mint. I treat myself once a year to a box of these delectable, yummy chocolates. I must admit that once they are opened, they will be gone within a couple days!

My Christmas Village...........
I've been collecting bits and pieces for years. Each year I find a couple things to add. I fear that I have come to the end of my collection....since I no longer have room to display!


No comments: