Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Saturday, October 9, 2010

ONE DAY IN THE LIFE OF A 3 YEAR OLD............



8/11/10 10:00 am. He found a vintage leather box from the entertainment center in my bedroom and filled it with fun toys, because he's a "docto" today. He carried it around the house for an hour, then decided to unpack it and lay down on the floor for a while. Who knows why, he's 3 years old! He put these little plastic Elmo rings on his eyes for "gasses".
Here's a close-up of his "gasses."


11:00 am. He decides it's time to "go to wook mom, bye, be back lato." He crawled into the cardboard box on the back patio!





11:15 am. Knocks on the back door, and when I answer it he says, "I'm home! I've been wooking mom, I messed yew!"


12:00 pm. He improvises to make a boat in the kitchen sink with dishes.



12:30 pm. He decides that it is not enough to play sailboats, he'd rather sink some papers in mom's water cup instead.

12:45 pm. It's a little too quiet upstairs, so I go looking for him.

From the looks of it, he's been in the bathroom drawers again. "Ets mines wacetrack mom, for my caws." So glad to know that an entire roll of garbage bags can be so versatile.

1:30 pm. Nap time. I surprised him with his "faveit blankie". It was left at Zailee's house at a sleepover and he survived without it for an entire 2 weeks. He did so well without it so I really debated on whether it was time to retire it or not. When I took it out of the dryer, I didn't have the heart to put it away, I just had to give it to him! His reaction was priceless. He was more than excited. Look at the love on his face. He kept saying, "My bankie, my bankie. Tank you mommy for my faveit banket. Where you been bankie?"




2:30 pm. Check on him in the middle of his nap. Once again, he's fallen asleep on the floor.
It looks terribly uncomfortable, but for some reason he likes this spot.

3:30 Wakes up from his nap and decides that he wants to wear his Mater shirt and not Winnie-the-pooh. I send him to the kitchen table while I get his snack, and return to his sitting on his car instead of his booster seat.

4:30 pm. I go upstairs to see what all the ruckus is about,
and Silas has piled all the toys from his toy box under the changing table.


5:00 pm. Go to take a drink from my other water cup at my computer, and.......................
more papers floating in the cup!

No comments: