Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Friday, February 10, 2012

SPICING UP MY COUNTER!

I found these super adorable, antique-y looking candy jars at the dollar store for .25 ea! They remind me of a mini version of the candy jars you would find on the counter of an old drug store or apothecary. They were left over from Christmas and filled with peppermint candy (a bonus). These were the last six they had. The moment I saw them I had an epiphany, and knew the exact place I wanted to put them. The bottom was broken out of one of them but that wasn't going to be an issue for what I intended to use them for. Once home I secured the broken jar by taping several layers of packing tape in different directions across the bottom. It worked like a charm.

I turned over each lid and filled them with things I had around the kitchen.

Then I used clear packing tape to seal them.
Then stacked them in a pyramid with the broken jar on the bottom. I love it! I plan on changing out the decor every couple months, maybe for each season or major holiday. I need a little more color I think.

No comments: