Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Sunday, February 5, 2012

CLONE WARS: HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX

I got this recipe from my SIL Taska, it's so creamy and yummy and my boys absolutely love it. It tastes just like Swiss Miss Milk hot cocoa. A great recipe to save money, super easy to make, and no preservatives!
Because I have a 2 yrs supply of #10 cans of powdered milk, I tweaked the recipe to use an entire can. What you will need:

1 #10 can powdered milk (12 cups)
1 -11oz container creamer or 3 c (I used Anthem brand from walmart $1 ea)
3 c cocoa
6 cups sugar
1 1/2 TB salt
Once mixed this will fill 2 #10 cans perfectly. I know this sounds crazy, but I mixed this is a clean garbage bag. It was super easy to shake it up and get it all incorporated really well without making a huge mess. Once mixed, I twisted the bag closed, snipped off a corner of the bag, and used it as a spout to pour the mix into the cans. Mix 4 TB to 8 oz hot water. Enjoy!

No comments: