Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MY NEW ROOM DIVIDER

For over 2 1/2 years I've had to deal with kids hanging, climbing, and jumping over the back of the living room couch off the kitchen dining area. I can't really blame them, it's just too much of a temptation. I've been looking for some type of a decor to divide the room and prevent this.Finally, I found it! Look at these really cute, french countryish garden gate doors I bought from Hobby Lobby for $85 ea.
Now $85 is steep, but not too bad. I've had my eye on them for over a year and they were regularly $200. I've even been to antique stores and malls, garage sales, etc to find something like this, so I figure it was meant to be that I just happened to be at that Hobby Lobby that day, and what I was looking for was discounted, AND they were the last two!


I picked up the bureau for $75 off ksl forever ago and have been using it in the boys bedroom until I had the money to redecorate their bedroom with a pirate theme (pics of this remodel coming soon). Just remember this kitchen divider is a work in progress. Nothing matches yet, but envision the antique bureau painted a gray-green with a distressed look to match my old kitchen hutch! I also plan on painting the large pine farm house cabinet in my kitchen a distressed cream/yellow. I can't wait until spring and good painting weather.
My antique wooden crate, old books (.25 ea from BYU library from my senior trip to the library ages ago...one of them was printed 1690), and ceramic birdie plant holder (from Great Grandma Hazel) look right at home on top of the bureau.

No comments: