Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MY NEW "JUNK" BASKETS

Because all of our living in done on the main floor and all of the bedrooms, the playroom and the laundry room are on the second floor, there are always piles and piles of things that need to go back upstairs. Some days there is a pile on a step, and the floor next to the step, and in the basket designated for "things to put away" on the dining table. Truthfully, it's just strung all over the house! I'd finally reached my "limit", so I decided to make a change and went hunting around the house for something I could use. I knew I didn't want to hang a basket on the railing, or make a basket that would sit on the stairs (With my clumsiness, are you kidding? That would just be an emergency room visit waiting to happen!) I didn't want to spend any money or spend much time. I found the perfect thing! Introducing my new junk baskets:

I was using these wicker baskets in my kitchen to hold school work and art supplies, but since I moved the bureau in there I no longer needed the space. These are the perfect solution for my problem. They are now conveniently located at the bottom of my stairs, and everyone kinda has their own baskets. It's great for a quick general pick up, then at the end of the day the kids grab their baskets and go put everything away.
1-is my bedroom, 2- Kresta, 3- laundry, 4- boys room, 5-playroom. I just love being organized, and when I'm organized, I'm happy, and when I'm happy, EVERYONE is happy!

No comments: