Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Sunday, May 9, 2010

A POEM FOR MY MOTHER.........

Her Garden


I have grown within the Garden of your heart. Inside this sacred place I have found safety, comfort and peace. From deep within your soul, my roots have been planted with devotion and tenderness. Here, under the warmth and protection of your love I have been cultivated to grow and bend to the light of my potential, to learn and experience the beauty and magnificence of life in all its diversity and grandeur. Within this refuge I have gained strength to endure the changing seasons. My stem has depth and wisdom, my petals are grace and kindness, my leaves are courage and fortitude, and I am the colors of my own individuality, ambition and imagination. I have within myself the seeds of hope, understanding, forgiveness, compassion, faith, and transformation. Within your garden I have been cherished and encouraged, and I’ve blossomed into the person I am today….a Mother.

No comments: