Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, May 31, 2010

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON......

I know I'm just a kid at heart, especially when I enjoy a good animated movie as much or more than my boys! My favorites are Finding Nemo, Cars, The Last Unicorn and now How To Train Your Dragon! Mom is down for a visit and since Jason was at work and Logan was off-track, I thought it would be a great time to sneak away with Logan for a date. I told Logan after lunch that I had a secret for him. I took him aside to tell him that just he and I were going to see How To Train Your Dragon. He started jumping up and down and saying, "I'm so exciting Mom, I'm so exciting!" He then asked if we could have popcorn at the movies. I agreed.....even though it costs more that a ticket these days. I also told him that he would get to pick any treat he wanted to eat at the theater. We went to the "treat drawer" and he rummaged for a minute, that selected the Reese's PB eggs, my favorite as well. For the next couple hours, he walked around the house just beaming, and every few minutes he'd say, "Is it time Mom? Are we leaving soon?" After about a hundred of these questions I finally sent him outside with Silas to play. Maybe five minutes later Silas came running into the kitchen with a serious frown and a quivering lip. He walked right up to me and said, "Logan tole me secrit owsite Mom. I not go wif yew! He said secrit. I go too, Mom. Me too!" Whoops, guess the cat was out of the bag. I didn't tell him the whole truth, just a partial, that I wasn't going anywhere. Which was the truth, I wasn't going anywhere at that moment, not for another couple hours anyway and by then he would be snuggled into his bed and fast asleep. I took the opportunity to teach Logan about how important it is to keep a secret. Several hours later Logan and I were on our way. He couldn't hide his anticipation, he giggled several times in the van on the way to the theater. $26 later (ouch!) we were sitting in our seats munching on fresh buttery popcorn and laughing at the previews. Needless to say it was a fantastic movie! A little too violent toward the end, but a great overall message about being who you are and following your dreams, accepting others in return, unconditional love and overcoming prejudices.

1 comment:

Taska said...

You can imagine that Zailee and I loved that movie too. Ironically we did the same thing. Date night. I was so exciting too!! So cute!