Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'M 29 (FOR THE 8TH TIME!)

Jason surprised me with a beautiful ice cream cake! I've never been given one before. It was delicious and so pretty I didn't even want to cut into it.
The black floral design was sprayed on.....very cool. Sure wish I could do that trick at home!
There is nowhere in the world I'd rather be on my birthday, than in my kitchen holding my sweet boys. It was the perfect celebration!
"Open et mom....open et! Are you so excited? What do ya think it is?" Silas was jumping around and enjoying himself so much, you would have thought it was his birthday.
Flowerbomb! He spoiled me. He knows me very well. I never buy perfume for myself, mainly because I just can't justify the expense since there are ALWAYS a million other more important things to do with the money. Jason was thrilled that I had never heard of it, apparently it's the new thing.
Since birthdays are about your favorites, Jason took me to my all time favorite restaurant in SLC, Bombay House. They serve the most amazing Indian cuisine. The last time I went was 4 years ago, it was also a Birthday dinner courtesy of wonderful sisters-in-law Taska, Andi and Holly.
Since Birthdays are also about trying something new, Ginger Brew was the drink of the evening . It's Gingerale on crack! Quite a bite, but still very good.
Don't worry, I was the designated driver for the evening!
Saag Shorba, my favorite soup in the world! It's made from spinach, onions, tomatoes, cream and lots of delicious Indian spices. Sure wish I could recreate this recipe, or find it on Top Secret Recipes.
Peshwari Naan. Indian flat bread stuffed with a mix of coconut, raisins, cashews, spices and baked in a tandoor (clay) oven. Mouth watering unbelievable!
My dish: Chicken Coconut Kurma, boneless chicken cooked with coconut milk, onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cashew nuts, golden raisins and spices.
Jason's dish: Chettinad Lamb. A south Indian dish of lamb cooked with potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and spices.

We ended the night with a little Cowboys and Aliens! Good flick. It's been far too long since Jason and I have been on a date. It was nice to just relax and visit, and hold hands....and make out in the dark theater....okay too much information. Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: