Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Friday, August 26, 2011

CLONE WARS: THE CURSE OF MY FAVORITE AND EDAMAME SALAD


One bite and I was hooked.....line and sinker! I knew from that first bite it was doomed...star crossed doomed. It always is. I have what's called The Williams Luck. It's not a joke, it really exists. If I like it, watch it regularly on T.V, or by it often, it's pulled from the market, severely back-ordered or canceled after the first season (Moonlight, Off The Map). I ate this salad once AND Costco decided to no longer carry it. Coincidence...I'll leave that up to you. Luckily, I have recreated my own version and I even like it better than the original.

2 c shelled edamame
1 c thawed frozen sweet corn (or fresh kernels)
1/4 c finely diced red pepper
1/3 c diced canned carrots (using up food storage)
1/3 c pomegranate infused craisins
1/4 c sliced almonds
1 c potsticker sauce (ehtnic food aisle)
1/4 c brown sugar

No comments: