Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Saturday, August 6, 2011

CLONE WARS: GIRL SCOUT THIN MINTS

Are you a GS Cookie Junkie? I am! Looooooove the Samoas. Toasted coconut, buttery cookie, caramel and chocolate...it's one of the best cookies they sell. I'm the one crazy woman you tell all your friends about......"as she passed the Girl Scout while driving down the road, she slammed on her brakes, jumped out her van and tried frantically to catch the poor little Girl Scout, who is now frightened and has high tailed it in the opposite direction, literally running for her life from stranger danger, (while dutifully pulling her handy dandy red flyer wagon full of boxes of cookies), her pig tails scarf bouncing all around as she escapes the "crazy" woman chasing her down the street!
Needless to say my life drastically changed when Keebler graced the cookie market with the presence of Coconut Dreams....they truly give Samoas some serious competition.
Keebler's Grasshopper cookies have always curbed my mint fix as well, they are really very good. But alas, once more my cookie loving world has been rocked forever! Enter my college roommate Michelle who came to stay with me for the weekend. She introduced me to the sweet and salty and crunchy and mint chocolatety marriage of Ritz crackers and Dark Mint melting chocolate. Oh yes my friends, oh yes....it is delicious!
Just as darn good as Voodoo Donuts butter cream maple bars with big ol' thick pieces of bacon on top!
This is very dangerous stuff. To know that you are only 5 minutes away at anytime from fresh, crispy, mint chocolate cookies....threatening. I'm out of semi-sweet chocolate chips (waiting for the case lot sale), or I would have just tried using them with 1 TB shortening and 1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring. Since I was out and about running errands anyway, I bought the chocolate melting wafers at Hobby Lobby for $3.28, then used the 40% off coupon to pay only $2.10 (cheaper than non-sale chocolate chips). These cookies were incredibly delicious. I'm not a big fan of candy bark or melting chocolates, but I couldn't tell the difference.

No comments: