Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, April 26, 2010

A VISIT FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY

It's official, Logan is no longer a baby! He came running up to me when I picked him up after school on Monday the 19th, "Look mom. My tooth is very, very, very, loose! Seeeeeeeeee!"
...as he was wiggling and jiggling it to get his point across.

We came home and every couple minutes came the questions...
When will my tooth come out mom?....Will it come out in a couple hours mom?....Do you think it will come out before dinner?....What if it doesn't come out today?....How long after it comes out does the tooth fairy visit?....Will she forget about my tooth mom? ....Will it hurt?

He was pacing around the house like a father waiting for a child to be born, so impatient. Up and down the stairs. In and out of the bathroom.

Here he is in front of the bathroom mirror trying to hurry things along by moving the tooth back and forth, up and down, this way and that way....and still that stubborn little tooth wouldn't budge. He begged me to help and said, "I promise I'll be a big boy mom and I won't even cry." So I tried to hurry things along by pulling a couple times but I wasn't getting anywhere. I figured I'd better save the pulling and the pain until Jason could come home and take care of it once and for all.

The moment Jason walked into the house after work Logan was there jumping up and down telling him about his loose tooth and begging him to pull it. Jason told him that if he really, really wanted his tooth to come out then he would have to do something he wasn't going to like at all. Logan's face turned very somber for a second, then Jason finished.......eat a chocolate ice cream bar! Logan's face lit up like the 4th of July....grin from ear to ear. So there he was sitting at the kitchen table halfway through the ice cream, when he yells.."It's gone, it's gone! Mom, my tooth came out!" Sure enough it was missing and we couldn't find it. He was so concerned that maybe he accidentally swallowed it and the tooth fairy wasn't going to visit him. We soon found it on the floor next to where he was sitting.
My brilliant engineering husband! How cool was that, literally. Who would've thought that getting the gum cold would make it brittle, not to mention numb and it just broke off easily, no tears, no screaming, no pain and no blood! Hallelujah. Sure wish I could relive my teeth pulling experiences as a child. I'd have chosen ice cream over pliers or the string routine any day!

When Logan was 3, Nanna Sharyn gave him a little Tooth Fairy, Co. box and told him that she got it for him from the Tooth Fairy and that one day he would need it. He was very excited to finally get to use this "special" box. We put the tooth in...
Logan was so excited.....
we placed the box safely under his pillow....

and Viola!! In the morning there were 5 quarters for 5 years old.

He came running into my bedroom early the next morning with the Tooth Fairy box, a pack of bubble gum (kinda defeats the purpose, I know) and his own container of floss. He was so excited he said, "Mom it worked, it really worked. The Tooth Fairy came into my room and I didn't even hear her! I tried to stay awake, cuz I really wanted to see what she looks like...but I guess I was kinda tired." Oh to have the faith of a little child! I sure wish I had a pillow that could magically transform things into money while I slept!

No comments: