Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, April 5, 2010

TIDBITS FROM THE WEEK............

Monday, March 29th: Logan asked Jason over dinner if he could go to work with him the next day. Jason told him that if he wanted to go then he'd have to get up really early, around 5 'o clock when it's still dark and cold outside. Logan said, "ohhhhhh" and the conversation was over. After dinner Logan was at the kitchen table coloring. Half an hour later I come into the kitchen and find a note attached to the door handle on the back door.
It reads: "Wake up Logan and Silas at 5:00 o'clock. Us up late today." So sweet! The next morning over breakfast Logan says with a sad face and his lip hanging, "Mom, dad must not have seen my note because he forgot to take us to work with him today." I gave him a hug and told him he could call and talk with dad later. Then he and I had a conversation about how only daddy's go to work.

Tuesday, March 30th: One of Logan's two front teeth has been loose now for several months. He came running up to me, "Mom, Mom guess what? I have a new tooth in the front!" I looked in his mouth expecting the new tooth to be growing behind and under his loose one, but it's actually growing behind the other tooth. Strange! Later that day he was complaining that the back of his mouth hurt when I was brushing his teeth. With a flashlight in hand I took a look and spotted both of his back molars coming in! He's quite excited about it, he says, "I'm a big boy now, huh mom?" I do have to admit that part of me was sad. He's growing so fast and no matter how hard I hang on, he's not my baby anymore.

Wednesday, March 31st: While rocking Silas for his nap he said: "Me yike dis fave-it gun Mom (he had a small green plastic gun in his hands). Me yike yew teeoo Mom. Yew make my 'ert 'appy Mom."

Thursday, April 1st: Logan and Silas were making quite a ruckus so I darted upstairs to check on them. Logan had a blanket over his head and was chasing Silas around. I asked what they were doing and Logan looked at me and said, as if I was really dense, "We're playing haunted "mention" mooooom". Silas added, "des ghosts mom, dey scewee, dey get me!"

Friday, April 2nd: We were at a wedding reception for our friend Charles. There was an art/coloring table for the kids to pass the time and Logan and Silas were busily coloring away. A few minutes pass and Silas walks up to Jason with a colored pencil in his hand and a very frustrated look on his face, "dis won wuk dad, dis no wuk no moe." It was a white colored pencil and he was coloring on white paper!

No comments: