Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, April 1, 2010

SILAS, "CRACKING" ME UP...

Wednesday, March 31st: I was in the kitchen when Silas comes walking through with his truck in his hand. I was in the middle of taking a drink when I saw him and I laughed so hard lemonade came up my nose. He was driving his truck on anything he came in contact with; across the hutch, along the table, "vvrrooomm", over the counter and across the fridge "nnneeerrrr". I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a pic of him driving the truck along the wall down the hall......
Let me zoom in. This is what "cracked" me up!
I followed him around for a minute and took another picture. He said, "Mama why yew fayow me?" I said, "Honey where are your pants?", "Me took 'em offs mom, dey fawh douwn". I laughed and said, "Si, it's your diaper that's falling down, not your pants."
He turned his body to look at his bum and said, "Ooohh, k mom, me fix et." and then he attempted to pull his diaper up.

I'd like to say for the record that I do dress my children every morning and I do change diapers! Silas has no hips and it's a guarantee that at least once during the day...sometimes 3-4 times, he loses his jeans...and on occasion his diaper. If his pants aren't falling off, he's taking them off. I found a good solution, sweats and stretch pants with a tight waist and legs. On this particular ocassion I dressed him in sweats. I eventually found them upstairs in the playroom shoved in one of the baskets with the legs inside out.

1 comment:

Handi Andi said...

This is Cracking me up. Laughing so hard. I love that kid!