Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Friday, April 16, 2010

TODAY MUST BE A FRIDAY..............

I got a phone call on the house line at 7 am. I must be slipping a little because I normally sleep with the phone right next to my bed for just this reason. Of course, wouldn't you know the one time I forget, I get an early morning call! I can say that for what I lacked in forethought I made up in speed and agility. I jumped out of bed with the energy of someone at least 10 years younger, flinging covers half way across the room and with such stealth and grace I'm sure I could of impressed Jackie Joyner-Kersee. This really had nothing to do with my physical ability, believe me. It was more along the lines of a flight-or-fight-response. Any mother with young kids can relate. Protect the sleeping children at all costs! For the half of a second it took me from being in a deep sleep and completely horizontal to standing three feet from the bed with the phone in hand, a million thoughts were running through my mind: What time is it? 7am! **PANIC*** Who could be calling this early. Maybe it's Jason, maybe he got a flat tire on the way to work. No-it can't be Jason, he'd call my cell phone. **PANIC** Must be important for someone to call this early in the morning. **PANIC**Maybe it's the police telling me Jason's been in an accident on the way to work! **PANIC**Where is my cell phone? Oops, must be downstairs. Maybe it IS Jason and he tried my cell phone and I didn't answer so he's calling the house! More and more thoughts until I see the caller I.D: Cordia Communications. SERIOUSLY! Within one full minute I went from sleep, to fright, to worry, to panic, to anger then to contemplating murder! What could you possibly have to sell me that is so important you must call me at 7 in the morning. Unless it's Publisher's Clearinghouse, Gerard Butler or a nuclear missle is headed for Utah, I AM NOT INTERESTED. I gave them the courtesy they gave me. I hit TALK, waited for a hello, then hung up! The house was still quiet when I climbed back into my soft, warm bed.....then Silas wakes up. Of course! He waits until I'm all nice and comfortable and nearly dozing off again...maybe he'll go back to sleep. Not! I didn't get to him in time to salvage Logan's sleep. So we were all awake bright and early but none of us were bright eyed or bushy-tailed. As I pick Silas up from his crib, he's sopping wet! He had a fresh diaper right before bed, so how on earth? Wet pajamas, wet sheets, wet "Dumbo" and don't forget ALL 4 blankets that he was sleeping with. Then came the melt-down because I started to take his bed apart and strip him down. Then I thought for sure he was going to pass out from lack of oxygen because he was crying so hard that, heaven forbid, I should put his "fave-it blankie" in the washer! Whenever I wash his favorite blanket I sneak it during the day while he's playing so he won't miss it. After the fiasco with Silas, I find out Logan also wet the bed! Breathe...1, 2, 3, 4, 5...I guess it's really not so bad, at least they decided to do it on the same day. So between loads of laundry, Silas and Logan's bath, breakfast, reconciling the bank account, and my computer crashing, I forgot it was Friday and that Logan goes to school 2 hours early today! If it wasn't for my cell phone reminder I would have completely spaced it. So there we were 10 minutes before school starts running around the house like headless chickens looking for shoes, coat, homework, socks....frantically getting out the door and into the van. Logan made it to school just as the last of his class was heading inside...1/2 eaten banana in his hand, different colored socks, and no jacket! Oh well at least his hair was combed!

2 comments:

Taska said...

Hopefully next Friday will be a better one for you!

Taska said...

Because I WILL BE THERE!!