Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wednesday, March 24th: "Rough house". The boys ganged up on dad and had a good time rolling around with him. Every once in a while Silas would run up to Jason and say "Ticko, ticko, ticko"...trying to tickle him. Jason would laugh pretty hard, not from the tickling, but from the "ticko".


Tuesday, March 23rd: "The Ritual" The following is a picture of some decorations I have on a teak bureau in my office. Silas has this very strange ritual. Whenever he finds a rubber band lying around the house he puts it around the handle of the Moroccoan crock.

Once the rubber band is on the handle, he completes the process by moving the lid from the crock to the top of the glass jar holding the orbs.

Here is a zoom of the rubber band. It really is so strange and yet funny. Sure enough once I put everything back together again, within a couple days he finds another rubber band and starts the process all over again.

Monday, March 22nd: "Got stuffed". I tried a new stuffed bell pepper recipe for dinner. It was delicious! It had a crunchy bread crumb topping with a creamed onion sauce. Even the boys gobbled them up with no question. I'll add the recipe to the blog.


Sunday, March 21st: "Cute little girl". We were playing around with a wig. We put it on Silas to see what it would be like if we had a little girl with blue eyes and dark hair someday. He made a beautiful girl.

Saturday, March 20th: "Me hiding mom". Saturdays are the worst nap days for Silas. Logan is home all day and they have so much fun together. Silas just wants to play and play and play with his big brother. Who could blame him? When nap time came around I called out his name. He knew exactly what I wanted. His child intuition kicked in, instinct took over and he high-tailed it in the other direction. A few minutes later I found him hiding under the table.


There was no coaxing him out! I finally had to move the bench, grab what I could and gently drag him out from under the table. There was gnashing of teeth, wailing, renting of clothes, you get the picture. When the screaming didn't work, he started begging, "Baa I wanna pwaaay cupo menettes mom, cupo menettes, peas mom, jus cupo menettes wiff Lo-Lo." Add to this a cheesy Chestershire grin and the combo was almost deadly....almost. I didn't give in. He'll thank me later when he hits his second wind from his nap and can once again run around the house like a wild man terrorizing his older brother. Once Silas was in bed and all was quiet, I went to check on Logan. He was in the playroom playing with his Transformers. As I walked into the room he turned to me while putting his hands on his hips and with a big sigh said, "Now THAT was drama!" I laughed out loud.


Sunday March 13: "Siley's new haircut!" He still has his beautiful curls, but he no longer looks like a girl. Jason is very relieved!


No comments: