Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Sunday, April 4, 2010

DAT NICE BUNNY....

Daddy bunny thought a great place to hide Silas' basket would be in his "faveit" spot, which is behind the big fluffy chair in the upstairs family room.
He loves this spot! Whenever he's hiding, 9 out of 10 times we find him here. He crawls behind this chair to play with his "rucksh" and "bukgunsh" and "tanshfamash". Whenever there is a marker lid and a missing marker, I find it here. Whenever scissors go MIA, I find them here. It's a given that each time I vacuum behind this chair I will find remnants of candy wrappers....as well as a collage of other oddities.


I was blissfully sleeping this morning when Silas comes walking in at 7:45. "Mawnin Mom!" he says with a big blue-eyed grin. "Morning sweetheart, climbed out of your crib again I see." "Yep" with a head nod. "Git me chocet mook mom, peas?" Grrooaannnnn...."O.K." I climb out bed, drag myself downstairs, make 2 sippy cups of chocolate milk, drag myself...and Silas in tow, back upstairs to my bed and plop down. A few wiggles, kicks, rolls, jumps, and an empty sippy cup later, Silas climbs off the bed and heads toward the playroom. Within 5 minutes I could hear ruffling and the soft click of plastic. I whisper to Jason, "Oh that little turkey, I bet he's already found his basket." I roll out bed, grab the camera and call out to Silas "What are you doing Siley?" He responds "Nuffin Mom". I step into the family room, and sure enough....

He's found the mother load! Not sure if he feels happy, nervous, or guilty. Whenever there is candy in the vicinity, he has the nose of a bloodhound.

"What did you find there Silas?", "Me haff cangies mom"
.


"Did the Easter bunny leave you a basket of goodies?", "Yaahuh, dat nice bunny mom".


"Dis one mines teeoo mom?"
It was only a matter of time before Logan was up and the hunt was on. It's not in the shower...
not in the washer....
not in the book nook.................
not behind the chair................
not in the bench................
not under the desk......................

not in the oven................
not in the fridge................

not in the bathroom............
not in the shoe bench................
not in the toy basket..............
not in the trunk...................
maybe behind the couch...........

Is it back here?
Let's get a closer look.
Behind this curtain....
What about this one.....
FOUND IT!!!

How many pictures must a mom take to get a good one? Let's count.......

#1, Look at the camera. Now smile.....
#2, Please look at the camera, not your toys...

#3, "See my toy Mom"......

#4, Say cheese!

#5, PLEASE LOOK AT THE CAMERA AND STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR TOYS!
#6, SILAS PLEASE SIT BACK DOWN! "But me wanna see Siwas and LoLo on camma Mama."

#7 IS THE LUCKY NUMBER! Thank heavens for digital cameras!


This is what happened to the Easter basket 15 minutes after Cyclone Silo tore through it:

No comments: