Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, April 1, 2010

RRRRAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!

Thursday, March 25th: It's 7:45 pm and we announce to the boys it's time to get ready for bed. They quickly disappear up the stairs, and I think "Wow, that was easy". Usually bedtime is quite a rig-a-marole! After five minutes we go up to check on them and all the lights are off. I flip on a light above the stairwell and instantly I hear little whispers followed by soft giggles. We quickly scan the room and find all the pillows piled high to make a barracade.

We look at each other and smile. I grab my camera and Jason begins to walk through each and every room looking for the boys. "Where did the boys go? Maybe their in the closet? Noooo. Maybe their under the bed. Gotcha!! Nope. I know, maybe their behind the door. NO! Where could they be"? All the while the giggles are getting a little louder. I hear Logan whisper to Silas, "Get ready Si, when dad comes back over here we jump out and scare him."

"RRRRRAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Friday, March 26th. Today as I dropped Logan off at school, we had our typical "Daily" pep-talk, be-safe conversation. I stood by the driver's side sliding door while he was unbuckling from the back seat and I told him that I loved him very much, I reminded him to be a good boy and be respectful to his teacher, to listen to her and try and do his best with all his school work. I told him how proud I am of him that he works so hard at school, and I reminded him once again to remember to stay inside the playground after school and not to leave for any reason with anyone but me. He gave me the "I know mom" look, with a little of the "ooooookkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyy, I get it", so I backed off a little and said good-bye as he jumped out of the van. I normally give him a hug and a kiss, but he immediately took off running so I gave him the space. He darted down the sidewalk, abruptly stopped, turned around and headed back toward me. "Mom, mom, wait. Don't leave. I forgot to get my hug and a kiss." It made my day, it made my week! After the best hug I've had in quite a while, he was off again and I heard Silas yell from his car seat for the first time, "I yuv yew Yogan" I was thrilled! He gives Logan hugs and kisses all the time, and tells me he loves me, but mostly after I tell him I love him, "I yuv yew teeoo momma." Today was the first time he's said it all by himself, and he meant it. Those few words gave my heart wings. As I slid behind the steering wheel and closed my door, Silas said to me "Me miss Yogan momma." I looked at his sweet face, and he really was sad. They are best buddies, and I'm the happiest mom in the world.

No comments: