Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Friday, March 4, 2011

THE DIVINITY OF THE "MAGIC" COOKIE BAR!

7 Layer Bars, Hello Dollies, Magic Cookie Bars....whatever you call them, they all amount to the same thing: the fantastical deliciousness that is buttery graham crackers, coconut, chocolate, nuts, and creamy caramel gooey goodness! I imagine Angels eating these on break. It tastes as close to heaven as anything could in my book. It is my ALL TIME favorite goodie. I treat myself twice a year.....and today was one of those days....and no, it was not within my semi-annual timing, but ask me if I care!

One package (1/4 box) crushed graham crackers
1/2 c melted butter
1 c. sweetened/shredded coconut
1 c crushed pecans or walnuts
1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (or use my homemade recipe here)
Using a rolling pin crush one package of graham crackers inside a bread bag (or use a Ziploc, I'm just cheap and save all my bread bags!). Once the crackers are a fine powder dump them into a 9x11 pan and stir in 1/2 c. melted butter, mix really well then press slightly into the pan. Now crush the nuts in the same bag using the rolling pin until the nuts are finely crushed. Next sprinkle the coconut evenly over the graham cracker crust, followed by the nuts, milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and then drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. Use a fork to gently poke holes 1/2 inch apart throughout the entire pan to let the sweetened milk seep down throughout all the layers. Now let it sit for about 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 325. Bake for 25 minutes.

No comments: