Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CLONE WARS: CAFE RIO TOMATILLO RANCH DRESSING

I love Cafe Rio's House Tomatillo Ranch! I could drink it, it's that good. Several years ago I found different recipes online, then made up this recipe so I didn't have to blend the ingredients.....so I'm lazy sometimes, I admit it! I picked Herdez salsa because it has tomatillos, onions, serrano peppers and cilantro already blended together.
1- 7 oz can Herdez Salsa
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1 c mayo
Dressing container (easier than cleaning a blender, but feel free to use a blender if you wish)
1 TB lime juice, optional
I start by layering with the salsa verde on bottom, then the ranch, then the mayo. It makes it much easier to shake and mix together.
It's very creamy, but still has a slightly chunky consistency. It's the perfect amount of heat in my book, but feel free to add tobasco or red pepper as needed for your taste buds. Enjoy!

No comments: