Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, April 11, 2011

PREGNANCY AND FRACTURED TOES.........

I hate to be a stereotype, but it seems that I am consistently clumsy with my phalanges when I'm pregnant, 3 for 3 now. Not surprising since the term phalanges is derived from the Greek word Phalanx which means "a straight projection." They seem to stick out a mile and have a radar to ram into anything. Not exactly sure what my deal is. It's not that I can't see where my feet are going, since I can still see my feet. I don't get the big cute round basketball belly...thanks to extra wide hips I just look "fat." So I guess it boils down to the fact I'm just a clutz. At least I've alternated the damage to every other foot every 3 years. With Logan, I fractured my left second toe on a door frame while running through the house on the way to church....yes, I was late...Again! With Silas, I fractured my right big toe when I pulled out the silverware drawer too far and it came crashing down on my toe! Yes it was extremely, extremely painful! And TODAY, it was the fourth toe on my left foot (the one next to my piggy) slamming into the bottom of the ottoman in the office. The bright side is that at least the toes on my left foot have had over 6 years to recuperate from the last injury. How do I know it's fractured? Been there, done that and if you've ever had ONE before, you just know. It's the initial crack then the nauseating dull ache that goes all the way to the nerve in your hip, followed by the burning/stinging and searing pain that doesn't go away for hours! Can't bend it or move it without shooting pain, and because I'm pregnant I have to suffer through it. Now I'm no stranger to pain. I've had quite of bit of physical pain in my life so I'm built tough and made tough. Today however, I'm wishing I could have a Percocet, and really, really wishing I hadn't throw away the therapeutic walking boot I used to nurse the last broken toe back to health.

1 comment:

Handi Andi said...

Oh man that really sucks, really bad. Two or three months ago I tripped over the baby papasan in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep for hours it hurt so bad and hobbled for days. Poor girl, and no pain killers to be had. I am so craving your honey butter right now, or the upside down gerrman chocolate cake, or peanut butter bars, or... I could go on, and on.