Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, April 11, 2011

LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN A NOOK OF THE CRANNY!

I love the Nook & Cranny in Lehi. It's the cutest little ma and pa antique and second hand store this side of the Mississippi. You really never know what you are going to find there. Almost everything is on Consignment so it changes every day. My house is literally full of wonderful N&C treasures; antique glass bottles, cups and saucers, old drawer trundle chest, etc., etc. I stopped in Friday with my SIL-S Andi for a quick shop, and low and behold tucked away on a little shelf I found:
I know, I know, it's just a bag of chips....but not just ANY chips, Old Dutch Salt n' Vinegar from our good ol' neighbors to the north, that being Canada for those of you who don't know your geography. Don't worry, they're not antiques. One of the Consigners is from Canada and he comes baring treats of deliciousness all the time, mostly candy bars so I've never seen these before. Looking upon this bag of chips brought back a flood of memories from an entire family vacation to Canada back in 1989. Truly, one bag of chips did all that! We ate these on our trip, so suddenly I was whisked back to hot pink earrings and a ruffled mini skirt over black lace leggings, New Kids on the Block, relaxing in a bean bag in the camper of our Ford 350 Club Cab Dually (lovingly known of as The Blue Mule cuz it was bright blue and dad had a silver mule as the hood ornament that had orange eyes that lit up when the headlights were turned on) as we drove the winding roads around Glacier National Park with the back camper window open. Good times. I was 14, can't believe all the possibilities I dreamed of on that vacation, one of which was marrying Jordan Knight from NKOTB. My brothers were just toddlers then, now they have toddlers. Life goes too fast. I hope my memories never fade.

No comments: