Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, April 14, 2011

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS............

Silas saw a small pump house in a field out here in Herriman as we were driving one day. He says, "Mom, how do peepo lif en dat litto, teeny, tiny house? Dey can only seep in theo. How do dey make stuff, or haff a pawty, or bwuss deo teef? Dey can't even bake. And mom, deo can't even be a toilet!!"

While eating dinner one night I said to Logan, "Please sit up straight and eat your chicken enchilada. You should be done eating by now."
Logan gets this really puzzled look on his face and says, "Why is it called Chicken and Chilada, what's a chilada? And where's the chilada anyway?"....as he's poking around his plate with his fork.

Silas was playing with a magnetic book set and he was being too rough with it. After being warned to be more gentle several times, I finally took it away when he broke one of the bindings when he threw it on. He was upset, and pouted and left the room. Twenty minutes later he came up to me and said,
"Mom, you made my hawt vewy, vewy sad."
I said, "I did? How did I make your heart sad?"
"Cuz yew hoted (hurted) et when yew took away my books!"

1 comment:

Sandra said...

That is so funny! How do you keep a straight face when they are in trouble but say funny and cute stuff like that? I hope one day that I can meet these cute boys of yours!