Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!

It's official, there is a strong heartbeat and everything seems to be moving along normally! I had my second appointment yesterday and my Dr. is optimistic that I will carry full term. We are very excited and I feel so blessed to have been given the honor of being a mother again, and to be responsible to raise and care for another life. I'm 15 weeks along. From about 8 to 11 weeks I suffered from a little nausea, but soon discovered that if I ate something every couple hours, it abated. This pregnancy has been the first time I've dealt with nausea, so Jason thinks it's a girl. I must admit that thought has occurred to me as well, especially since I haven't suffered from the hormone headaches that plagues me with both the boys from 9 to 13 weeks. We definitely want to know what we are having. We found out with both the boys, and for me, it made the process of life and pregnancy so much more spiritual. Knowing who they were, and naming them while I was still pregnant, I could feel their spirit surround me, and the anticipation of preparing for their arrival was pure joy. Jason is, as always, the eager father. He can't wait to hold the baby, and I'm not even half way there yet! We decided to wait until after my first appt to tell the boys because of how Logan took my miscarriage last year. He was so upset, he cried and cried, so I wanted to spare him any unnecessary pain. When I told him, he began jumping up and down, saying how excited he was, and that he can't wait to see his baby brother or sister. He has been thanking Heavenly Father for the new baby in our evening prayers, and it is so special to see his instant love. He is telling everybody we see, that his mom has a baby in her belly. Silas asks me every day if the baby is still in my belly, so he also understands what happened last year, even though he was only 2 years old. He gives the baby kisses and loves every day, and is very careful when he climbs into my lap, because he doesn't "wan to skoosh da beeby en you belly". I love being a mother!

1 comment:

Bernie and Doll said...

:) soooooo happy everything is going well! I'm so excited for you! I miss you!