Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, November 18, 2010

~GRATITUDE~

My heart is always overflowing with gratitude. Each day I seem to find something else to be thankful for, something else to fortify me to live my life worthy of my blessings. I always seem to feel the pull of gratefulness a little more in November. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are my top 10. The wonderful blessings I am thankful for in my life.

1. I am thankful that Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to live longer than 10 years old. The last 24 years have been a gift and May 16th, 1986 lives in my heart every day.

2. I am thankful for a strong, healthy body. Thankful for eyes that see all the beauty in the world, arms to hold my family, legs that let me play and run, and ears that hear my childrens' laughter.

3. I am thankful for the knowledge that I am a daughter of a living, loving God and that I have the example of my Savior Jesus Christ to get me through this life. I am thankful I know who I am, why I am here, and that my life has purpose and meaning.

4. I am thankful that I have the honor of sharing my life with Jason. I'm so glad we found each other. I'm thankful that I fall in love with him a little more each day. It's an amazing journey to spend it with someone so wonderful.

5. I am so thankful I have been blessed to be a mother and that I have been given two beautiful, healthy boys. It is a sacred calling and I do not take it for granted.

6. I am thankful for my roller coaster life; for the ups and the downs, the excitement, the laughter, the thrills and the times I'm upside down hanging on for dear life. They all strengthen me and help me to become a better woman.

7. I am thankful for the freedom I enjoy every day of my life. I know it has come with the great sacrifice of so many. I am honored to be a citizen of this great nation.

8. I am thankful for Temples, and the knowledge that I have been sealed to my family for time and all eternity. Families are forever.

9. I am thankful for modern conveniences. My van, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, computer, and let's face it....my iphone. Every minute I don't spend cleaning, cooking, etc., I get to spend with my family, and that means the world to me.

10. I am grateful for friends and family, good food and a warm home.

No comments: