Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, November 1, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Here are the boys on Halloween Sunday. They decided they wanted to be zombies, or "sompies" as Silas said. He said to Jason, "I'm a one-eyed sompie dadda.", with his face squinted and one eye closed! So after church we painted them up. A little ghoulish for the sabbath, I know. But it is Halloween!


I didn't do anything too exciting food-wise on Halloween. I think I burned the kids out, as Logan told me that he "doesn't want to eat haunted food anymore mom", so I promised him I'd take it easy the last day.

We had an "it" taco salad for lunch.

Halloween shaped marshmallows for a snack.


Pumpkin, ghost and bat macaroni and cheese for dinner.


After dinner the boys each made a skeleton candy necklace that my cousin Lara sent them. They were really cute.

Here is Logan's necklace.Because Si ate half of his "cangies" as I was making the necklace, the necklace became more of a bracelet.

"I can't eat em mom, ets too hod. Cut em off."
I ended up cutting the bracelet so he could get the candies off, and swiped half of them in process, (they ended up in the garbage along with the skeleton and bones...too much sugar) he never even knew they were missing.

No comments: