Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Sunday, November 28, 2010

JANE EYRE

I love Jane Eyre. It is one of my ALL TIME favorite books, and I have watched every movie version that has been made in the last 65 years. The best film that gives the book justice is the 2006 release by Masterpiece Theatre. It's a 4 hour, 2 part mini-series, and it is incredible wonderful.

So just when I think I am completely content, another film is released. This time the remake is done by Focus Features, who also released Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightley (BBC version is much better). It looks like it will be a 2 hour movie as well, and I can't possibly see how they could fit all the important details into that amount of time. Although I am doubtful, it does look very good, and has a stellar cast, including Miss Judi Dench as Mrs. Fairfax. I already have a Girl's Night Out set up on the night it is to be released in March in celebration of my SIL Andi's birthday (she's my co-partner in crime when it comes to classical period romances). Watch the trailer below at
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3294271769/

No comments: