Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, June 7, 2010

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS..............

Logan came running in the house from playing on the swing set, "Mom I saw a huge spider on the slide! It was big, and black and furry. It was ginormic mom!"

It never ceases to amaze me how children are like sponges. Silas walks up to me while he was eating an ice cream outside and says, "Mom us live on a planet." Logan and I have been talking about how we live in the city Herriman, the state Utah, the country United States, the continent North America and the planet Earth. Silas has obviously been listening.

Jason and I were playing basketball on our outside court the other night and the boys were playing with their own basketballs on the RV pad. Logan yells out, "Mom, Dad look, I'm driveling!"

I'm downstairs when I hear Logan wailing from his bedroom. I run up the stairs and he tells me that Silas hit him over the head with a sword. I scan the room and can't see Silas anywhere so I ask Logan where he is and he points to the corner of the room near the bed. I ask Silas to come out and he carefully crawls out from under the bed. I said, "Silas, where is the sword?" He says to me with huge eyes as he opens his hands palm up, "It dus dispeerd Mom. It dispeerd. I not have it."

Silas was outside playing while Logan was at school. He walked into the kitchen and says, "Mom, ets so hot owside, I need a pocketspul (popsicle) peas."

We grilled steaks for dinner one night. I'm really not a big fan of doing this at home because neither of us are good at grilling steaks, so I'd rather fork over the money and get a really good steak at a restaurant twice a year. Anyhoo. I was on Jason's case to be careful not to stab them when flipping, to flip often, etc. because I hate burned steak. Sure enough, he burns them! We all sit down to the table and Jason brings over the plate of steaks and sets it on the table. Logan looks at the plate of blackened, crispy steaks and says, "MMMM that looks toasty!". After the prayer he bites into his and says amidst very loud crunching"MMM spicy!".....he was tasting the charred, burnt flavor because they were not marinated! At l
east the kids liked it!

2 comments:

Jenn Procarione said...

LOL well...I have our Summer activities! Let's get together for a BBQ and David will grill us up some steak! He does a FINE job if i do say so myself. LOL I love your kids and their funny comments on things. It is so fun to watch them grow!

Taska said...

I always use the word gianormous. So I guess Logan is like me. Cute Stuff~!