Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, June 10, 2010

BEING REMEMBERED.......

Today has been one of THOSE days. I'm sure you understand, can empathize and have been THERE yourself. There seems to be a million things to do, nothing gets done and more things just pile up! I took Logan to school and came home and had lunch with Silas. Logan has been begging us for a trampoline so I took a few minutes before putting Silas down for a nap to look at the classifieds to see if anything had been listed in the last 24hrs. Silas comes up to me while I'm on the computer and and asks if he can play outside. I tell him that he knows what we do when Logan goes to school, we take a nap. I reminded him that he could play with Logan outside when Logan gets home from school. He doesn't like this much and decides to throw a major tantrum. He was rolling on the floor, screaming and flailing arms and legs while turning purple. Seriously! How does he even know how to act like this? Logan has never done it, and although I may feel like doing it sometimes, I refrain myself! I picked him up while he was still kicking and screaming, acquired a fat lip in the process and carefully carried his twisting, jerking body upstairs amidst "I no wanna take a nap, noooooooooooooo"! He stopped screaming and calmed down after I sat in the rocking chair with him and within a few minutes he was sound asleep. I placed him in his bed and after closing his door I picked up the trail of trucks to the stairs, started another load of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and dishes and was beginning to feel a little sorry for myself. Some days are very difficult and it's easy to feel under appreciated...then my doorbell rang. There was Isak from next door with a vase of beautiful purple and yellow Irises and a note from his mom, Suzie. I choked out a thank you and closed the door. WHAT AN ANSWER TO A PRAYER!!! I am remembered, loved and appreciated. Thank you Susie, you made my week!

No comments: