Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, June 4, 2012

WHAT'S COOKIN?

I cooked bacon in the oven for the first time a couple months ago, and now it's the ONLY way I do it. Sure wish I new about this little trick years ago!  Use a jelly role pan, line with aluminum foil, lay out the bacon and place in a cold oven then turn it on 400, set the time for 21 min and walk away! Voila....bacon. Place on paper towels immediately so it stops cooking. No grease spatters, no burns, fantastic. The best thing I like is that all the bacon is done at the same time, such a time saver.

 I've had several requests for my pesto chicken salad sandwich recipe. You know me! I don't have recipes, I don't measure, I just toss and go. I tried to recreate, but in general: chicken chunks, couple TB mayo, couple TB softened cream cheese, dried cherries (blueberries, cranberries, etc.) diced apple (or grapes as well), sliced almonds, sliced celery, little diced green onion, several TB of your favorite pesto (I love Gia Russa, found it al Wal-mart). Add however much you like of each to taste, depending upon your mood. I like mine crunchy, so lots of celery, apples and almonds.



No comments: