Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, August 9, 2010

LOGAN TURNS 6!!

Logan requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, so I went with a very simple idea this year. A Caterpillar!! He loved it, and it was fun to make. I decorated it with his favorites, m&m's, and licorice.



Here is our very shy birthday boy. He doesn't like to be the center of attention. He has such a sweet nature. I love him so much! He was upstairs playing, so we quickly set up the kitchen and put everything out to surprise him.

Having a little too much fun with the party favors!

Dad was getting in on the action too!
New school clothes.

The toy he was most excited about! A bow and arrow with a laser light from Auntie Diane.

A Bakugan kite.
Here Silas is showing me the proper way to eat a cupcake..... "Like dis mom, scoop et."

"See et on my fingo?"

"Then lick et.".........yummy!

Since Silas is still a little too young to understand why Logan is getting presents and he's not, I decided to give one to him as well. Logan was okay with this because it means that he'll get a present on Silas' birthday! Siley, the tool man Williams!


Logan was so eager to try out his bow and arrow, he went straight outside before having cake! Look at that stance. Perfection! He did this all by himself without being coached by anyone! He's definitely a natural.

Here is Logan showing off how powerful the laser light is by pointing it at the neighbors house, a 1/2 acre away. You can see the red dot on the right side of the window to the left of the sliding glass door.
Here he is getting ready to aim and fire on the gate.A few close ups of the cake. The first couple pics were a little dark.


I still can't believe that he's 6. He actually starts 1st grade tomorrow. Sigh. He is such an inquisitive young boy. He asks a hundred questions a day, and loves to learn about everything...he's a sponge. He is such a good kid, I have to pinch myself sometimes. He loves doing his homework and reading. He is an analytical thinker like his dad. Math is his favorite. He loves Ben 10 and Bakugans, peanut butter and jelley, broccoli w/ butter, chocolate chip cookies and playing with legos. He is so kind, loving and patient with his little brother. I learn so much about unconditional love and his example strengthens my testimony every single day. Through him I am reminded daily that our lives have meaning and purpose, and that although my body created him, he is not mine. I only get to borrow him for a while.
I still remember every moment of the day he was born. I couldn't wait for him to come so I could hold him in my arms. He was almost 2 weeks overdue and still wasn't ready to come, so I was induced. I know deep in my heart that he just wanted to stay in Heaven as long as he could, because he has such an amazing, sweet spirit. What a blessing he has been in my life and what a magical experience motherhood has been for me. I remember all the months of pregnancy, the anticipation, the waiting, the wondering what he would look like and who he would grow to be.
He was everything I had prayed for, everything I had dreamed of. A sweet little angel, and we are a family forever. I love you Logan. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for sending you to me, for giving me the honor of being your mother, for trusting me enough with your life, your growth, your character.
Happy Birthday sweetheart. I wish for you a life of possibilities. A life of dreams and happiness. With a strong testimony, and faith you can do anything you wish to do, be anything you dream to be.

No comments: