Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Sunday, August 8, 2010

FUNNY THING THE KIDS SAID THIS WEEK.................

I was in the kitchen making dinner and was getting very irritated at a fly buzzing around. Logan overheard my frustration and said, "Mom, why don't you let me get that fly for you. Where's the fly swapper." hahaha

I was sitting on the couch and Silas comes walking up to me carrying his toy doctor bag in his hand. "Let me look atchew mom. You need west, you tiyod!" Then he reached down into his bag, stopped and turned and said, "Now, dese awe mine. Yew don touchem. Dey vewy spensive. I bought dem in da playwoom." Then he continued rummagng through his bag and grabbed the stethescope then put it around his ears against my chest and said, "I lissen to yew hawt." He listened for a minute and as he was listening, I began tapping on the back of the stethescope to imitate a heartbeat, dum dumm, dum dumm. When he started to hear the tapping, he wrinkled his brow, then squinted his eyes for a minute, then opened his eyes really big and said, "Uh oh. We hafe a vewy sewious pwobwom mom. Don soun good. You got a wabbit in you Mom, a vewy teeny, tiny wabbit jumpen awound. Heo take dis mecine in yew mouf", as he was shoving a thermometer down my throat. Then he said, "Let me look atchew eyes, an eaws....good,..look good. Now open yew mouf vewy beeg, okay.....huh...hey mom, whats dat hangen tingy in da back of yew mouf? Yew go sumten stuck?"

Logan came home from school on Tuesday and said, "We had such a good lunch today. It was my favorite, pasgetti."

I had given the kids a granola bar earlier in the day as a snack, and at mid-afternoon Carter asks, "Auntie Amy can I have another famola bar?" Logan overheard him ask, and very haughtily tried to correct him, "You mean a granilla bar Carter?"....LOL

No comments: