Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, November 10, 2011

FUN HALLOWEEN TREATS!

I'm sad to report that I didn't go as crazy this year as I usually do with Haunted Halloween food. I enjoy browsing the net collecting fun ideas for the holidays, so I can't really say where I got these ideas, because they've been saved on my computer for several years.
Skull peanut butter and jelly. I shaped one piece of white bread for the top half the scull, and a second piece for the jaw.
Graveyard veggie and dip tray. I used a brick of cream cheese to hold up the celery trees, made onion dip for the headstones, and the ghost was just a dum-dum sucker covered in a tissue.Cute Frankenstein ice cream cup. The picture I had used lime jello instead of ice cream, maraschino cherries for the eyes, and edible puff paint for the scars and mouth. Too much work in my book (waiting for the jello to set, then putting the cherries in, etc.) so I made it quick and easy with mint choc chip ice cream (Logan's fav) and red peanut butter m&ms for eyes (Si's fav), and permanent marker on the outside of the cup.
I added tinfoil wrapped rollos for bolts on the neck, and crushed oreos for the hair and sideburns.
Popcorn claws with candy corn for fingernails.
Owl cupcakes with oreos and m&ms for eyes, and orange m&ms or candycorn for the beak.

No comments: