Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, March 22, 2010

MOMMY HANGOVER!

I'm a little worse for the wear today, a little slow and am suffering from what I can only describe as a "mommy" hangover. Ever had one of these? The “I stayed up waaaaaaaaaay too last night” and am paying for it today headache, which also includes sandpaper eyes and overall grogginess! The kids were in bed by 8:00 and so was Jason due to an early morning work meeting. Since the house was quiet, chores were done and I wasn't tired, I took advantage of this rare "manna" of heavenly space to myself and boycotted my comfy bed for “me” time. It was very nice to see my alter ego “Amy” again and spend some quality time with her. Most of the time she’s “Sweetie”, “Mommy”, "Hon", or "MaaaawwwwooooooM!, with kids always underfoot, tripping over toys, food in her hair or on her clothes and running a constant 60 miles an hour as the maid, cook, judge, laundress, playmate, referee, chauffeur, tutor, accountant, gardener, personal shopper, nanny and teacher. So what innocently started out as a little web surfing turned into hanging 10 for a couple hours, one chapter turned into half a book and just a couple episodes turned into a late night marathon. Next thing I knew it was dawn. I have realized several things in the light of day. First, my house is very creepy in the middle of the night, it takes on a life of its own and makes noises I never knew existed; second, chocolate tastes amazing at 2 am; third, I definitely need to take more time for myself during waking hours so I don't binge into the early hours of the morning again, and fourth, for the life of me I can't figure out how on earth I did this routine on a weekly basis when I was in college! What was I made of, kryptonite?

No comments: