Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, March 18, 2010

A PIRATE WITH A BLANKIE....



One of the highlights of my daily routine is Silas' nap time. He naps during the afternoon while Logan is at Kindergarten. I admit that his nap time is my highly coveted "quiet" time since it's the only time during the day that I get a little peace. Although this time is important to me, it's not the highlight. The highlight is getting to spend 15 minutes with my 2 year old without interruption. I look forward to this time with him. I enjoy that he still thinks of me as his "buddy", that we can sit down together and build cities out of blocks, or play trucks and trains, or dress up as superheros together. It's amazing to me how fast he is growing and developing. I see changes to his sweet nature and character everyday, and each day I notice I am beginning to miss my "baby" more and more. Every day after playtime he says to me "Rock mama, rock." I adore that he still wants to cuddle with me. He always grabs his favorite blanket and climbs into the rocking chair to wait for me. As we rock we talk about many things and as most conversations with a 2 year year old, the subjects are sporadic, there's plenty of jabbering and of course, a little singing too. Today I was telling him how thankful I am to be his mommy, and that I am so glad Heavenly Father sent him to me. As we talked about his future and how he can be anything he wants to be some day, his eyes grow big and a smile crosses his face as he tells me, "Piyate Mama, me Piyate." He continued as I laughed, " me 'ave a 'at an sord an beeg ship an teashure teeoo mom." I asked him what would be in the treasure and he replied, "Fave-it bankee, sukrs, an truck Mom." I gave him a big kiss and hug and laughed a little more when I laid him down to sleep. As I closed his door I couldn't help but think of how simple his life is. His treasures were simple childhood pleasures, and although he may still be too young to understand the importance of things, he reminded me of what life is all about. "Riches do not consist in the posession of treasures, but in the use made of them." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments: