Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, February 13, 2012

"PO" BOY CUBBIES!

My mudroom has been a P.I.P since we moved in. Project in progress! I specifically have one counter that I loathe! All the bags that rule our life, and books, and church stuff, and work stuff, and misc., are piled, and piled and piled on the counter! I've been wanting to buy cubbies with baskets for over 2 1/2 years, but the money I continually budget to buy them is constantly getting robbed by Peter to pay Paul. I really want the IKEA cubbies, but they are about $150. I look for them second hand on ksl, but they sell within hours of being listed. Sorry that I don't have a before pic of the mess, but you can imagine what I'm talking about. I'd have to dig to China through the bags every day to find the one bag I needed. Yes, I have a lot of bags, I know! I have diaper bags for specific occasions and individual children. One for when all 3 kids are with me, one for when it's just the baby, one for when it's just the boys, several purses, and a specific church bag. This does make my life easier, I'm not always pulling stuff out and putting it back in, and leaving stuff behind, and letting it pile up. It's all contained. Anyway, back to my "bag"hole of Calcutta!(black hole if you missed the humor ;-)) I finally got tired of waiting for the coffers to open, so I improvised. Heavy duty apple boxes. Now I just want to say for the record that I'm only sharing this because a friend told me she thought it was a brilliant idea, so I thought I'd share.

Not pretty, but definitely industrious. Thank you Costco, where there is always a plethora of different sized boxes. These DIY cubbies have worked great so far. I've been using them for over a month now. I'm sure they could be dolled up with some spray paint, scrapbook paper, or wrap them in material. I'm not going to sink any money into it, since they are only temporary and I'm holding out for the real deal.

No comments: