Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS!

I took Kresta for a check up with the pediatrician and as I was taking her out of her carseat Silas says to me, "Mom I wanna see her litto toesies and her litto feetsies. Can I peas?" I unwrapped her feet so he could see them. He was giggling as she spread out her toes and stretched in my arms. He put one foot to his cheek and he said, "Dey are sooooo soft mom! And dey are soooo cuddly and dey smeel so clean!"

I pulled the van into a parking spot at a strip mall, and as I was busy unbuckling Silas and the baby and getting my bag Logan says to me, in a very quiet and meek voice, "Uh Mom. That creepy man in that window is just staring and staring at us. He hasn't moved since we got here. He's scaring me." I immediately turned to look at the man and assess the situation when Silas started laughing. He said, "Logan....yore so silly! Yew cwack me up! It's dust a fake person!" Sure enough, it was a cardboard cut-out in the front window of the store.

Before going to bed one night I went to check on the boys and noticed their light was on. As I went to turn off the light Silas sat straight up in his bed, "Don't mom, peas, I'm having a nightmirror!"

I've been going to the chiropractor several times a week since Kresta was born to repair a pinched Sciatica. On Wednesday as I was rounding up the boys into the van Silas says, "But I don wanna go to the tirepractor Mom." Logan started giggling and he said, "Oh Silas, you're so funny. It's not "tire-practor", it's Choir-cracker."

No comments: