Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Friday, April 8, 2011

DIAPER DUTY!

In case you are wondering, no, you are not looking at a picture of the diaper aisle at Walgreen's. This is a shelf in the baby's closet. I managed to round up this stash during an incredible Walgreen's diaper sale. Why so many? Because what are regularly $9/ea jumbo pack ended up netting $2.50/ea thanks to a buy one get one free sale, as well as a coupon for $2 off per pack! Yes it was a major victory in my book. These diapers are truly fantastic. They are as good if not better than the name-brand, so when you can get them at 75% off, it's almost highway robbery! I bought every size, including training/night time pants. I am hoping I bought enough to last until she is in underwear. So I guess I officially have a 2+ year supply of diaper (food) storage. Too bad they are not edible. I guess if worse came to worse I could barter them off, or use them as first-aid compresses if someone is bleeding to death. A big thanks to my fabulous SIL Andi who gave me the heads up on the sale...and to Silas. My sweet little 3 year old, who not only endured being dragged in and out of his car seat for half the day while I drove to 8 different Walgreen's, but for doing it without one tantrum, fit or tear. It was a good day!

No comments: