Insightful Vinyl For The Week
"Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. “Accentuate the positive.” Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley


Saturday, October 9, 2010

FROM THE WEEK...............

Silas comes walking into the kitchen in my rain boots and says, "Ets wainen owtsite mom, an I'm a coot cowboy!"


I was in my bedroom folding laundry on the edge of my bed and Silas came in to "hepp" me. I was busy sorting clothes into piles, and when I looked up, Silas was wearing my bra. I laughed out loud when he said to me, "See mom, I haff booties too."

I worked a tradeshow in Orem on Friday and Saturday a couple weeks ago. I left Silas half day Friday with a friend and Jason took the boys all day Saturday. I didn't realize how much Silas missed me until Sunday morning. I was catching up online with bills and email and he walked right up to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me off my chair as he said, "I hode yew mama. Come wiff me. Let's cuddo on da couch and I give yew kisses and luffs." Then led me to the couch, sat me down and crawled into my lap and put his arms around me. What a heavenly moment!

Logan was putting on a button up shirt for school and he got to the bottom of the shirt where he discovered the two extra buttons sewn into the shirt. He checked his handiwork again, and again to make sure he didn't miss any holes, and was clearly stumped. He asked me, "I've done it right mom, why are there these buttons." I thought for a minute, I was a little pre-occupied, and before I could answer him he said, "Well, I guess it's just because, huh mom, is it just because." Funny kid.

We were loading into the van to take Logan to school and Silas climbed into his car seat to wait for me to buckle him in. I loaded an arm full of things into the front seat, grabbed the back pack Logan forgot on the mudroom bench and closed the house door. I quickly jumped into the van and started it up. Silas yells from the backseat in quite a panic, "Wait mom, wait. Yew fogot to bucko me up. Peas bucko me up so I don fwy out!"

No comments: